Tender is the Heart
A retreat of compassion and interpersonal warmth
14 October 2017 - 21 October 2017
Cost Information: £385 single room, £280 per person in a twin, £224 dorm. Course fee £240
A retreat for practitioners who have been on at least one Mindsprings Retreat and have an established practice. If you are unsure,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.
Most of us have grown up with our hearts buffeted and bruised from a number of causes. And the hyper-stimulus of the internet and consumerism can make us feel bombarded by the outside world. No wonder that many of us end up retreating into smaller and smaller bubbles of security.
Whilst meditation can offer a very profound feeling of safety and tranquillity, Buddhist practitioners have long realised that unless you can live with your heart open to the fluctuations and incursion of the world, then things get stagnant and bitter with alarming speed. Which is why there is a number of powerful meditation practices designed to open the heart: firstly, to one's own experience; then to the presence of other humans; and ultimately to the living experience of the whole world in which we live.
Alistair and the Mindsprings team create a warm and safe container in which to explore these life-enriching practices with in a group that supports you. Drawing on his 16 years of experience as a meditator and his knowledge of contemporary psychotherapy, Alistair holds the group safely enough that we can use the week to explore:
- the energy and warmth of our own heart centre and its natural 'feel' for things
- how the heart can close and harden in response to the world
- techniques to relax those defences without being overwhelmed
- an understanding of how interpersonal energies work
- an embodied understanding of human connection
- a energetic experience of love in the body and expanded outwards
- a connection to the natural world of the island with its beautiful landscape and wildlife
- This week-long retreat will be a deepening for those who practice already. There will be periods of silence and we encourage people to spend the week mobile-, book- and journal-free.
The cost of the retreat is £240.00, payable through the Mindsprings website - to make your booking please contact Alistair: email@example.com
Once you have made your booking with Mindsprings, please book your accommodation on Holy Isle, which you pay for on arrival. Use the Book Now button in the sidebar - 7 nights.